Skip to content
London commuters are exposed to superbugs en route to WORK: Study finds half of bacteria on the city's door handles, escalators and train station gates are resistant to antibiotics
- Scientists swabbed 600 frequently-touched locations around the capital city
- They found 46.8 per cent of samples showed signs of antibiotic resistance
- Widely-used medicines are becoming less effective as bacteria mutate
- Research last week found resistant bugs in the River Thames and Hyde Park
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.